Friday, June 10, 2011

Introducing "Getting Evan"

Hello.  My name is Theresa and I am a first time mom.  My son, Evan, was born on April 20, 2011.  "Getting Evan" is a play on the phrase "Getting Even", as this blog will document the triumphs and trials of parenting (from first smiles and laughs to poo-splosions). 
So without further ado let me introduce the subject of this blog: 
<---------This is Evan Logan. He was born at 7:03 am and weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz and was 20.5" long.  In his first seven weeks, Evan has had severe diaper rash (caused by the Pampers Dry Max diapers), eczema and cradle cap.  He's also made his momma cry the first week he was home, because he was being difficult when it came to breastfeeding.  But for all that he's a pretty good baby.  He smiles and laughs (most at me when I am trying to get him to sleep) and has rolled himself over from his stomach to his back a few times. 

Over the past two weeks he's become more alert, cooing at us and touching the dangly bits on his exercise mat.  He has also started having poo-splosions, much to my dismay.  He is starting to sleep longer at night, five hours last night followed by an hour of awake time :( , but takes fewer naps during the day.  He is currently asleep in the Baby Bjorn (his new favorite napping spot).  Next week he gets his first set of shots, which makes me happy because I will no longer be house-bound (I am starting to get cabin fever).  Well...I can't think of anything else, so I will sign off for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment