Thursday, July 7, 2011

The squash is squished

Bob plants a vegetable garden every year and every year we have more veggies that two people (four to six if you include the veggies we give to the in laws) can eat. This year, however, the Little Man is with us and in a few months will start on "solids" (though why they call mush "solids" I don't know), so I decided to turn some of the veggies into baby food. Last night I steamed, pureed and froze a dozen string bean servings. Today I turned two zucchini squashes into 32 servings of baby food. Of course I did a taste test...not bad if I do say so myself. Here's a before and after picture of the zucchinis.



We also are growing butternut squash and eggplants this summer which will be turned into baby food and if the crop is anything like a few years ago, Evan will be eating butternut squash and eggplant until he's 5.

Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment